Depression is often diagnosed in women than in men.This is partly because women often seek professional help, and they may experience depression caused by hormonal changes.
|Depression Chart 2013|
What Causes Depression?
- Genetic tendency to depression
- Depression before your period - perhaps due to changes in the hormones
- Postpartum depression as a result of hormonal changes and other problems such as lack of support from her husband, isolation, job loss
- Severe childhood experiences, such as loss of parents
- Sensitivity to the lack of daylight during the winter, which causes seasonal affective disorder, seasonal depression
Symptoms Of Depression
- Unable to do everyday tasks
- You are no longer looking forward to the things that you used to make you happy
- Difficult to establish relationships with people around you
- You are not interested in sex
- Poor sleep and wake up early
- Chronic Fatigue
- Often feel cold
- You're tense, anxious or irritable
- Too much eating, drinking or taking drugs
- Lost your appetite
- Do you have a sense of worthlessness
- You do not matter how you look
- You are not able to make decisions
- Loss of memory and concentration
- Do you have a general sense of guilt
Prevention Of Depression
- Seeking and accepting help and support
- A healthy diet rich in nutrients, in order to optimize the functioning of the brain
- Avoiding the use of large amounts of alcohol and caffeine.
- Be good to yourself, allow yourself to enjoy life
- Get enough sleep each night (six hours minimum)
- Regularly practice yoga, meditation or other relaxation techniques. If you are religious - pray!
|A healthy diet rich in nutrients|
Treatment Of Depression
- You might find it easier to eat several small meals a day instead of three large
- Fight the desire for on sort of food - such as sweets or cheese - by eating several small balanced meals
- Occasional small pleasures such as chocolate ice cream or french fries can make you temporarily feel better.Chocolate contains a substance which is believed to make you happy. But avoid frequent consumption of these foods.
- Do not run towards alcohol.It will perhaps help you feel better for a while, but at the same time acting badly on the central nervous system and increases depression
- Limit your intake of caffeine. Excessive amounts of caffeine can increase depression.
- Make sure that the people around you understand that your abilities are limited when you are feeling bad
- If it is possible to transfer jobs to other if those jobs are already difficult to you. People are often willing to help if you tell them what you need.
- Large burdensome tasks divide into smaller steps. Write a to-do list.
- Think about your problems and do what will help you to cope with them - yoga, meditation, pray
- St. John's Wort is best known herbal remedy for mild and moderate depression.Take in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Can help tea blends wild barley, vervain and ginseng
- Every day, take a bath in warm water to which you add a few drops of lavender oil, chamomile, bergamot, clary sage and rose.Do not use clary sage during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy!
- Ask someone to give you a massage. A tablespoon of sweet almond oil or grape seed, add two drops of lavender and geranium oil and one drop of oil Roman chamomile.
- If you feel unable to try the methods above
- If depression lasts longer than two weeks.
- IF YOU HAVE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!